Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sewing Workshop Mimosa top rayon batik

6/4/06 11:16 PM
Last Updated:6/4/06 11:19 PM
Pattern Size:Regular
Project Photo:photo
Pattern Photo:

Pattern Information provided by Ann Smith

Pattern Rating:I would definitely sew this pattern again

Pattern Description: This pattern includes a sleeveless wrap top or vest with V-neck that has front and side bands and asymmetric side button closures. Straight-legged pants with contour waist and facing are included also. I just made the top.

Pattern Sizing: The pattern includes sizes Xs through XXL. I made the Med which calls for 36 - 38 bust. I made no alterations.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yup. side view.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy and complete. There are the usual Sewing Workshop detailed instructions on mitering and pressing up the edges. The only problem I encountered was in applying the bias binding at the armholes. I was so concerned about not stretching the bias as warned by Diane E in her review that I did the opposite and pulled it too tight. It fits but could be a little looser. My fault, not the pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that they suggest 2 different button placements for wearing asymmetrically or not.

Fabric Used: Rayon batik from Batik Batuk with a coordinating fabric for the band.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: none

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I might make this again. I have other similar tops so knowing me I'll just keep moving on to the new pattern. Nice, stylish sleeveless top for hot weather or worn over something for cooler days.
Conclusion Keep the fabric drapey so it doesn't stand out from the body as it is without shaping. I think I would like this better in a soft linen. My rayon is almost too drapey and seems limp.

No comments: