I read discussion on PR about this pattern when it first came out recently. Some thought it looked like a Robin Hood costume and that Sandra had gone off the deep end. I took this as a challenge.... I agreed that green would not be a good choice but I found this nice jersey in my stash and decided to give it a go. I love it. Of course I always go for the non-traditional, arty look. No tailored blazers for me. I particularly like the top. As Sandra mentions in the pattern, the ruching hides a tummy. I thought it might accent it but I think it is slenderizing. Yea. The skirt is fun but I probably won't make it again as it is so distinctive.
Sandra includes lots of special instructions including using steam-a-seam to stabilize, fitting suggestions, fabric possibilities, needles, serging and so on. Great help for a beginner.
I cut size B at the top and C at the sides. The skirt is a bit big so a B probably would work even though my measurements are clearly in the C range. The top needs to fit snuggly around the belly as the ruching is created by bunching it up.
The only difference between view A and B is the length of the sleeves. I shortened the tunic 1 inch. I also changed the elastic application to my favorite serged and turned technique instead of creating a casing a Sandra suggests. I also used my Evolve's cover stitch for all hems. The neckline is faced which creates a nice un-topstitched looked. However it is rolling, even with the understitching, so I may just top stitch and trim away the facing.