Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vogue 8397 Pant with Sewing Workshop Vest





Here are my second pants from the Marcy Tilton pant pattern. This is view A with the shaped legs. These are really fun. They remind me of pants I have seen at some upscale boutiques with Japanese clothing. The pattern says this is for knit fabrics only but I don't see why. There is a lot of ease and the elastic waist. I think you just need a very drapey fabric. I cut size 12 which is one size down from my measurements based on my experience with view B. I compared crotch depth and found this view to have a 2 inch higher crotch than view B so I didn't change it. Odd because these pants seem to be the baggier style and the line drawing appears to show a lower crotch on view A. I also tapered the seams in at the waist as I did on the other pair to reduce a little of the extra ease at the elastic waist. And as before I changed the elastic application to my favorite stretch, serge and turn technique. Nice weight jersey from Fabrix in SF. The top is Sewing Workshop's Hong Kong Vest which I made quite a long while ago.

No comments: