Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snowy Mountains Quilt

While on my recent visit to Jackson Hole I finished up the quilt I have been working on there. As it is such a gorgeous area with beautiful mountains, trees, and wildlife I wanted to make a wall hanging that represented that beauty. When I found this design I knew it was just what I wanted. An interesting project to create but not hard or terribly time consuming. At about 52 inches wide it is large enough to make a statement and will go up on the wall in the stairwell.  I enjoyed picking out the fabrics most of which I had to buy as I don't have much of a stash of quilting cottons. But I was delighted to use a remnant from our first grandchild's nursery decor which became the blue sky with stars in this wall hanging. By the time I finished it and found a hanging rod we didn't have time to get it up on the wall. Next visit, top priority.

6 comments:

shams said...

A beautiful use of bargello, Ann!

Mary said...

It's beautiful...Jackson Hole is gorgeous, isn't it? How nice that you could incorporate a remnant from the past.

Lucie said...

That is beautiful. I have no idea how to do it but I really love it.

Aileen Stubbs - PhD by Publication said...

Wow, that is a nice piece of work you’ve created. I admire you for having the patience and talent for it; I don’t think I could ever manage to create such things. And the illustration is interesting as well, it’s nice to see how people are able to inspire from nature.


http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

yanmaneee said...

a bathing ape
kyrie 7 shoes
michael jordan shoes
lebron 18
golden goose outlet
hermes birkin
moncler
golden goose
jordan shoes
supreme clothing

tonenaez said...

go to website hop over to this site visit this site useful site Clicking Here replica bags buy online