Saturday, September 3, 2011
Sierra's new doll, dress, and bloomers
dress and lined it with the same fabric. Both dresses can be turned inside out and they will match. The dolly's dress has velcro to close at the shoulders as buttons would be too tiny and too hard for a toddler to do. I also made a little sash for dolly with the bow stitched closed and a velcro spot to hold it on her body. Also easier for little hands to manage. Sierra seems very happy with her new dolly and bloomers.
I used McCall's 6370 for the pants. Very simple. However, if you use this pattern, watch out. The order of construction is not what I'm used to and I managed to get almost done before I realized I had sewn the waist elastic to the pants legs which were not sewn together. Dumb. My excuse.... I was in a big hurry. Lots of ripping out, doubling the construction time. So watch out for that.
The wall hanging I made for her room has embroidered faces in the center of the pieced flowers. I chose this fabric because it also has flowers with faces. I thought she would enjoy noticing that little detail.