Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shapes Crazy Eight Top





I was hesitant about this pattern design for myself as I didn't think it would be flattering with the wide neckline and wide sleeves. My friend Dorothy made it so I had an opportunity try it on. I was right.... I didn't like it on me. However, worn backwards I loved it. So here it is, my Crazy Eight top worn backwards. I love having the diagonal drape across the front. This fabric is one that has languished in my stash for many years. I really had no clue what to do with it. I started to cut the top from another fabric (jersey with a one way design) but realized that the flowers would all be sideways as the pattern pieces are cut out across the grain. At the last moment I pulled out this fabric and threw it out on the cutting table. Funny how these things happen. I had spent hours trying to find the perfect fabric and in the end pounced on something with 30 seconds thought. However it goes down, I'm happy with how this turned out.

2 comments:

Linda T said...

It looks great backwards! Who knew???

Anne-Marie said...

Backwards, frontwards it all depends on the observer's position as Einstein said ;-) Thi is such a lovely top. The choice of necklace is perfect. As usual, you are radiant. The fabric is fun, it gives texture to this drapy pattern. Wonderful !