The first is called the Elke Dress. I used a purple (her favorite color) cotton interlock to sew it up. There is a large collar and bow at the shoulder for pizazz as well as flared sleeves with a deep ruffle.
The second dress is the Bluebell Dress. For this I found a red rayon ponte in the stash. This was a pricey piece that I had purchased for a dress for me but found it too bright when it arrived a few years ago. Not too bright for a 3 year old I thought. She loves this dress and wore it at Christmas to my delight. The hood looks a bit wonky when worn up but very cute otherwise.
For sizing the chest measurement is used. If I had used that as my guideline she should have needed size 1! I chose size 4 which was a wee bit large but a small amount of taking in at the sides made it work. This pattern company has wonderful photographed illustrations that are very thorough. They really walk you through every step. Since they are pretty simple to start with, I think a beginner could do these dresses.