Thursday, December 31, 2009

Summing Up

I notice other bloggers having been reviewing and totally their production for the year. That struck me as a fun thing so I have done it too. I had thought before reviewing that I hadn't really made very much this year since I have been away from home so much. It amazed me to find I had made 59 things. A few are not much.... scarf, baby blanket.. but most are the usual project ranging from simple knit tops to jackets. I didn't do any really time consuming projects this year except for a quilt to hang in my grandson's room. No major lined jackets, fitted dresses, etc. I see a shortage of dresses and pants which I'm feeling in my wardrobe. Here's my breakdown:
Knit tops                   16
Woven tops                 8
Knit skirts                   4
Woven skirts                3
Knit pants                   1
Woven pants                2
Lounging gowns           2
Jackets, Coat, Cape     11
Knit dresses                 2
Costumes                     3
Baby                            3
Men's shirt                   1
Quilt                            1
Scarf                            1


Addendum: Silly me. I forgot the 3 most recent items as they haven't been photographed yet. I guess they are not real until they have a picture taken. 1 woven dress, 2 knit tops.




9 comments:

Susan said...

I was amazed at my number too of finished projects, too! My family laugh at me - saying that's all I do. Either way, a great amount of work on your part!

Diane Franklin said...

Hi Ann,

I've been trying to find a way to get in touch with you about one of the patterns you made but can't find an email address for you. Could you send me an email with a way to reach you privately so I can ask you the question I have for you. From the blog form, it looks like you have access to my email address.

Thanks,
Diane

Ann said...

Diane, I don't see your email address anywhere. Why not just ask me your question here?
Ann

Diane Franklin said...

Hi Ann,

My question was about the Simple Knit sweater that I saw on your photo site, the one that looks like the Plaza Jacket. I wanted to know whether you had a pattern for this or whether you just used the Plaza Jacket measurements.

I was thinking of trying to knit something similar on one of my knitting machines and was wondering whether just to measure my PJ pattern and try to reproduce it. Can you say a little more about this pattern.

Thanks,
Diane

Ann said...

Do you mean the green/plum striped sweater from quite a while back? That was a knitting pattern but you could easily create it just using the shape from the Plaza Jacket pattern. I will try to find the name of the pattern I used but it was a long time ago. It was from a book that had unusual designs (not Haiku Knits which I just got).

Diane Franklin said...

Yes, I believe so. In the pictures I saw, the colors didn't look like green and plum, but there were wide crosswide stripes. If you can find the book in which you found the pattern, that would be great.

I just took Haiku Knits out of the library. There are some interesting patterns there, but unfortunately for me, they are sized for very small people. I guess I could adjust the ones I like.

Diane

Diane Franklin said...

Hi Ann,

Did you ever figure out which book this sweater came from? I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Diane

Ann said...

Diane, I finally found the knitting book with the pattern for that sweater. It is the Obi design in the book Simply Knit printed by Unicorn Books and Crafts, Inc. in 2003. Ann

Diane Franklin said...

Thanks, Ann. I'll look for the book.

Meanwhile, I just measured by Plaza Jacket and figured out how big to knit each piece. I am going to use one of my knitting machines for this. When I get it done, I'll post a link to a picture of it.

Diane