Monday, November 9, 2009

Hot Patterns 3 Graces Cross front top




I made the cross front version of this popular new Hot Patterns top. It is described as having a slightly cowled neckline and a cross-over wrapped front. I choose the extra-long sleeve that is designed to be scrunched.

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 6 thorugh 26 included in one envelope. I made a 10 as that cooresponded most closely with my hip and underbust measurements. My full bust is closer to size 14 but this design is quite generous through the bust so no FBA was needed.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Mine seems to be looser especially through the center front tummy area.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Uh.... no. The on-line video helps a lot but I don't think a pattern should be dependent on that source. Even with the video this top is confusing to get the criss cross right. I'm not sure that I don't have an extra twist in there.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Love the drapey style. Don't like the excess of fabric in front

Fabric Used: Rayon jersey.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I probably won't make this style again but I plan to try the looped front version. If you like something a little different try it.

Conclusion: I like this okay although it seems a lot of fabric on my front. The back fits well. The rayon jersey is super comfortable to wear. Here is a view of the top in in action.

3 comments:

JoanneM said...

It's gorgeous! I own this pattern and can't wait to make it. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy K said...

I had a wadder on this one, but want to make it again. I wonder if some ease was removed from the center front seams if that bulge you don't love would lay flatter and be a tad more flattering. Removing ease at the side seams wont do it. Hmm, I have to think about this one! I do like it on you. The color is gorgeous.

Sharon Sews said...

It's a cute top. I have yet to venture back into the world of Hotpatterns after my not so successful attempts with a few of their early releases. Gotta admit this one does intrique me.

Oh! The view of the top in actions is just too cute!