Thursday, February 14, 2008

McCall's 5529 Wrap top/jacket



This is an easy top presented as an unlined jacket. Suggested fabrics are silk, linen, gabardine, wool crepe, wool blends, AND stable knits. I made it from a sort of stable knit which makes it seem more like a wrap top than a jacket. I think all the other fabrics would be more jacket like.

I made this as a gift for my DIL who is 3 inches shorter than me and smaller all over. I fear that it may be too big for her as, in spite of attempting to make it smaller to her measurements, it still fit me except for being a bit short waisted. Hopefully it will still work for her as she can overlap the wrap more and sash it tighter.

The pattern has two peplum styles, gathered and smooth. We chose the smooth one. The pattern also has long sleeves which are pushed up in one view. She decided to go with 3/4 sleeves which was a simple alteration.

I like this top and may make one for myself now that I have the pattern fit to me!!

No comments: