Saturday, January 26, 2008
Vogue 2959 Sandra Betzina dress
I tried on Sandra's version of this dress at the sewing camp I attended last fall. I had the pattern already but wasn't enamored with it from the pattern pictures. However trying it on sealed the deal as I found it to be very flattering. I chose to do a similar treatment that she had done with a two-sided fabric, seamed wrong side together. This creates the contrast that highlights the seaming. After stitching the seams I topstitched them in place with a twin-needle. Trimming the excess seam allowance took a lot of time (especially because of the need to take care not to cut the garment fabric!!). If I hadn't done this, the dress would be rather quick to make and easy too.