|Reviewed by:||Ann Smith|
|Posted on:||12/31/02 10:40 PM|
|Last Updated:||1/3/03 1:37 AM|
|Pattern Rating:||I would definitely sew this pattern again|
|This is another top made from leftover fabric from another project. As Sue Wilson mentioned in her review of this pattern, it is a good one to use when you have a small amount of fabric as the bias front is in 3 smallish pieces.|
You need to take care because of the bias. It is so easy to stretch it. Other than that, this is an easy project. The neckline and armholes are finished with the tiny, turned hem described by Gigi in her newsletter article earlier this fall. Very nice effect on handkerchief linen. The instructions are not very good regarding the v point at the front and Vogue, as usual, doesn't mention seam finishes.
I did have some trouble fitting at the sideseams. That is not unusual for me on sleeveless tops. I almost always need to take it in at the underarm. This time I also discovered that the side seams pulled to the front alot. I haven't noticed that before so I don't know if has something to do with this pattern or just that it showed up more on the white fabric. It makes sense on me, since my front is much bigger than my back. I undid the basting and slid the front allowance back on the back seam allowance to make the front bigger and the back smaller. That fixed it. Sometimes a larger seam allowance is a good thing.
This top is designed to be worn as a camisole with a bias tank, also in the pattern.