Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Simplicity 4095 skirt rayon jersey print


8/14/06 2:17 AM
Pattern Size:Regular
Project Photo:photo
Pattern Photo:

Pattern Information provided by Ann Smith

Pattern Rating:Easy to sew

This pattern includes 2 different tops, pull-on pants and 2 flared skirts all for knits. I have only made the skirt so far. I bought the pattern for the tops but I needed a simple skirt to go with my 1 Plus 3 Tee.

This is a 6 panel flared skirt with an elastic waist. I shortened the skirt about 8 inches. 2 or 3 inches would be normal for me as I'm height challenged but this skirt runs very long. I folded 2 inches out at mid-thigh so the flare would be retained at the bottom. But them to achieve the mid-calf length I wanted I needed to chop off a lot more at the bottom. It still has a nice flare and movement.

The fabric is rayon/lycra from lucysfabric.com.

Instructions for the skirt are fine. I did not sew it with the slit. The other skirt view has an extra panel across the front for a mock wrap look. I will definitely sew this skirt again.

No comments: