Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Butterick 4745 twist top/dress


1/29/07 3:07 PM
Pattern Size:Regular
Project Photo:photo
Pattern Photo:

Pattern Information provided by Ann Smith

Pattern Rating:I would definitely sew this pattern again

Pattern Description: This pattern includes a jacket, pants, skirt, top and dress. I made the top which is a twist front design similar to the popular Burda WOF twist top. The dress is exactly the same as the top only longer of course. The top has cap sleeves that are slit at the shoulders.

Pattern Sizing: I used size combination AA (6-8-10-12). It also comes in size EE (14-16-18-20). I made size 12 adding a little at the bust side seams and I cut size 10 at the shoulders.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the addition of cap sleeves to the twist style. Also it is a more relaxed fit than the Burda top which I found to be quite snug. The main difference is that the Burda top has the V back whereas this has a high back.

Fabric Used: Rayon jersey, super comfortable.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: none.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I like the idea of making this up as a dress. Yes, I recommend this pattern.

No comments: